Wednesday, July 29, 2009

With Fierceness

Oh man. We learned this dance routine at the "Sexy Ladies Hip Hop" class at New Style Motherlode to a song called "We F*** You" by Electrik Red. (Listen to the song here) Last week I was not aware of what they were singing at all since I was more concerned with learning the steps, but then I decided to look the lyrics when I got home. OH BOY.


"Like a kid with a cake you can really eat it
Like a stray dog happy every time I feed him"

"Y'all don't f*** us, n***** we f*** you"


My initial reaction was- I was dancing to THAT?! :O Oh geez! But the song has grown on me. I've followed the instructor's commands to live the lyrics and perform the persona while we dance...and guess what, I love it! The routine was very sensuous but also tough in a girl power kind of way (in her words, "scary-sexy"). Here are some reactions to it in the dance studio.

Dancer #1: "Whew! It's hard being a ho!"
Dancer #2: "Too bad I don't have anyone to perform this for."
Me: "I am definitely going to have bruises on my knees"

*sigh* It was beautiful. I am adding this to my list of deliciously vulgar songs. Heh heh. The ending lyrics are hinting at sleeping with hipsters?...

"
But you gotta get your mind together
And them jeans is a little too tight...
It's cool. I f*** with it.
I get it. It's some fashion."

HA!

Speaking of fierceness, just when I was really proud of my little fauxhawk, my imaginary best guuurl friend Rihanna (her birth date is exactly one day after mine) just went ahead and one-upped me.



Goddammit, Rihanna! *shake fist*

No comments:

Post a Comment